enables us to make sense and participate in the world around us. We aim to develop pupils understanding of mathematics from early years. Pupils will be taught fundamental facts about number system in a creative way. This will present the foundation for building more complex mathematical concepts as pupils make their personal journey through the curriculum.
As a school we aim to support the pupils with real life experiences to improve their learning in mathematics. In this way, pupils can appreciate the practical application of mathematics in the real world- in situation involving money, stock taking, accounting and number sums.
The aims of mathematics are:
- To promote understanding of mathematics in everyday life.
- To encourage enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activities.
- To inspire confidence and competence with number system.
- To develop understanding in ways at which are gathered and presented
- To apply appropriate vocabulary to exploring features of shapes and measurement skills.
- To develop complex mathematical skills.
To ensure that pupils make connections between previously and presently taught skills